Thursday 8 November 2012

Gifts Vouchers Blogger Challenge


Fantastic Fashion gifts for £35 or less.

This challenge is perfect for the lead up to Christmas and I love a challenge. I must admit, I'm late at entering as I was contacted early October! My original excuse (to myself) was to wait so I could see what Christmas gifts were being offered up closer to the deadline but it turns out nothing from what I've chosen is in a Christmas collection.
I pride myself on my gift picking at Christmas, I love the buzz I get from seeing people genuinely impressed and grateful for their gifts wondering how on earth I found them. If you 'have an eye for quirky, stylish and cute products which would make great presents' like me, then this is a fab challenge to show everyone some great gift ideas for reasonable prices. All you have to do is search the web for at least 5 different gift ideas each of which must not cost more than £35. Entries end TOMORROW and you can find more information here.
Here are a few of my ideas: 

1. Kensington Lunch Bag- Yes, you're reading it right, this is a stylish lunch bag! From the outside it looks like a normal croc effect handbag with a cute Jammy Dodger-esque pendant, but really, it's a great insulated lunch bag! What better gift for a fashionable girl about town who needs to carry her lunch in style without the embarrassment of a kids lunch bag/box stuffed inside her handbag. The Kensington lunch bag is available direct from Clippy London at £24.50 plus £3 postage. It comes with a great accessory pouch so you can pop in your money, phone, sunglasses or any other bits and bobs that you don't want to be cooled alongside your sarnie or pasta salad. It's fully insulated with a zip closing to keep contents cool and fresh and has a handy shoulder strap. Different, stylish, useful and PERFECT!

2. Personalised Stitch Your Own Journey Map Print- I love a personalised gift, and I'm not talking about the hairbands or hairbrushes you used to get as kids with your name written on them in fabric paint (remember those?!). I find this Personalised Stitch Your Journey Map Print from Notonthehighstreet.com beautiful. Ideal for a special couple to stitch their life journey, a family to stitch their family holidays around the globe or a friend to mark your escapades together. 
Choose from UK, World, America, Ireland, Europe, Australia and New Zealand maps, print size a4 or a3(+£5.00), map colour and thread colour and input personal map title and date for title if required. For it to be within the £35 mark the recipient would have to stitch it themselves- but that's part of the fun and romance of a gift like this. 

3. Mens Yoda Dressing Gown- Do you have a geeky guy in your life or a guy that just loves random character based things? Well, Sheldon Cooper eat your heart out, get your fella or brother this Yoda Dressing Gown from New Look for £29.99 complete with Yoda ears. 

4. Bookshelf Curtains- I just LOVE these curtains. They're ideal for a bookworm's bedroom or hideaway, a study or a children's bedroom. From H&M home for only £12.99. The website says 'curtain' so I'm unsure if they only sell one side? Either way even if you had to buy two you'd be in budget.

5. D.I.Y beauty sample kit- This is quite possibly my favourite gift idea. There wasn't anything in the rules explicitly defining what a 'gift' is, so I took this as an opportunity to get creative and think outside the box - a d.i.y beauty set featuring some of my favourite different brands and items ideal for someone who wants to try something different. I suppose you could plonk all these items in a gift bag, but isn't it just better value if the thing your items are presented in could be a gift itself. These baskets are perfect for presentation of your gift but also perfect to use about the house or in your bedroom for storage- something we all need more of I'm sure. This one I found on ebay for £1.99 and 50p postage, the same price, if not less, than what you would pay for a gift bag in generic high street card shops. I like value for money so not only is your presentation a great gift itself, but Superdrug have a 3 for 2 promotion on hundreds of beauty items, free delivery AND points on your beauty card for yourself! 
I've included Barry M's NEW Hi Shine Gelly nail polish from Superdrug for £3.99, MUA undressed palette from Superdrug for £4, Revlon Colorburst lipstick from Superdrug for £7.99, NEW limited edition Vaseline Pink Bubbly Lip Therapy from Superdrug for £3.49, Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner from Superdrug for £1.69 and finally the cute And Mary Enamel Mirror Compact Necklace from ASOS for £15 (half price!). Including the Superdrug 3 for 2 offer and free delivery this whole gift amounts to £34.66.


Regardless of this being a competition entry, I hope you have all taken some inspiration from this for Christmas gift ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent information. This site definitely explains essential concepts to its readers. Thanks for continuing to write such wonderful blogs.

    Birthday Gifts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a lovely little comment to brighten my day!
No annoying word verification here.