Wednesday 12 June 2013

Santhilea London: Magnetic Lash Extension Mascara

If you've not already noticed, I've always had issues with my eyelashes. They're short, lack volume and I only have to glance at my boyfriend's lashes before the green eyed monster in me comes out (yes,  I have wondered what they'd look like with a coat of mascara). After my previous mascara died I decided I wasn't going to repurchase and wanted something more exciting, a different brand that would wake up my sparse, short, lifeless lashes. Like knights in shining armour, Santhilea London were in the right place at the right time (Twitter, of course) and offered up their Magnetic Lash Extension Mascara. I'd never heard of this brand before which meant I was even more intrigued but what really swayed it for me is that they claim to use absolutely no inserts or post production editing (no asterisk to claim otherwise) in their advertising images and, after being reassured of this by them on Twitter, I was amazed. Their honesty is so refreshing to find, a product that actually produces what it shows!! But can a mascara really produce something like this without inserts and post production? Let's take a look at the evidence...
On unpacking it became apparent that this was a dual effort mascara, I'd heard about these but had never actually tried one; with easy to follow instructions on how to apply you can't really do this wrong but I'd recommend doing one eye at a time. First off, apply the magnetic mascara in tube 1 to your lashes just as you would any other mascara. Then, while it is still wet - hence why it's best to do one eye at a time - take the lash builder in tube two and dab on the fibres. Finally, apply another coat of magnetic mascara to seal the fibres and repeat steps two and three as desired. I've not repeated the last two steps when I've used it and the results below are from one application only.
I don't think I've ever been more happy with a mascara, I'm in love with it. My lashes are longer and fuller and best of all they're separated and aren't a clumpy mess which I am so dubious about with volume mascaras. The fibres just seem to melt in! I'm more than happy with this naturally long look they've given me and if I wanted a more dramatic look I'd just have to go for another application. I forgot to curl my lashes in the above photo but it seems the mascara had my back and has lifted them for me anyway! The formula is lightweight and I've had no issues with smudging, transferring or flaking because it isn't oil based. I thought the fibres would be a pain to remove but everything comes off as easy as you put it on. Can't fault it.

So, back to the question at hand '... can a mascara really produce something like this without inserts and post production?' The answer is both yes and no, and that no isn't clear-cut at all, it's completely dependent on your lashes. The extension system mascara is thought to be an ideal alternative to false lashes, for someone with incredibly long, thick and full lashes they would get an incredible result that would seriously rival wearing a pair of falsies. If I, on the other hand, still wanted an overly dramatic look I'd probably have to wear false lashes, however Santhilea are in luck because I don't wear them (I'm useless at applying them) and I would much rather turn to these tubes of magic any day!

This could be a silly thing to say as I haven't actually tried it, but from what I've seen and heard, I think this could be a real rival for the Benefit 'They're Real' mascara. Retailing at £24.99 it's a little more expensive but I guess you could think of it this way, you're getting two products for that price - three if you count the Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin E that acts as a conditioner.

Would I repurchase? I really, really would. Chuffed! 

Have you tried the Magnetic Lash extension mascara? What did you think? Will you be giving this a go?

9 comments:

  1. wow such a difference x

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, may have to try this. I'm on the market for a new mascara and this looks really good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying different mascaras over the years as my eyelashes are also quite dull. So far haven't really found the one, I'm ok with falsies from Maybelline and they're good quality/price. Might be worth trying to see if I can find those in Brussels, as I'm quite impressed by the before/after.
    On another note: freckles! (we could be twins on this, have so many toooo and love them!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is really lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have super short and straight lashes too. But since I discovered eyelash curlers I have been a changed woman. People often compliment my long eyelashes but they don't realise that if I removed the makeup they'd be almost invisable!

    This looks like an interesting product. I like how they don't use inserts or editing on their photos. I absolutely hate when companies do this! It's probably the one form of photo editing I disagree with, I'm fairly okay with editing other ways. But it's so misleading with mascaras. Oh well, this kinda think keeps bloggers in business!

    I like how it didn't clump on your eyes, which always happens me with those duo wand products. My lashes don't like layers of product!

    I'd love to try this out!

    www.annettibus.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo this looks great! Glad you've found something you finally like!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah! This mascara is incredible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This certainly did work well for you! Props! I followed you with GFC, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Blog Lovin. Hope you can follow back!

    : signe
    : the daily savant :
    : the daily savant : Blog Lovin

    PS~ I have a giveaway going on now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... Faux cils magnétiques

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a lovely little comment to brighten my day!
No annoying word verification here.